I thought of having an outline similar to the following:
- Start with the history of Ubuntu – What, where, how and when
- Discuss the services around it, launchpad, the Ubuntu community (fridge, planet, IRC, etc.)
- Discuss how Kubuntu was born, and how it developed into a flagship KDE distribution
- Discuss Edubuntu, how it is used to deliver education in a classroom at a low cost
- Discuss Xubuntu, a completely community driven effort
- Discuss how the distributions share a common base, and how the distributions benefit from launchpad and its services, as well as the different repository components (main, restricted, universe, multiverse, dapper-commercial, etc)
- Discuss Ubuntu’s relationship with Debian, and downstream distributions such as Mepis, Guadalinex, etc.
If there’s any existing presentations I could incorporate, please let me know. I will be using the Ubuntu template included with OpenOffice.org in Ubuntu for this talk. The above points were just off the top of my head, if you can suggest more things I can talk about, please do. Any suggestions are welcome. I will post the slides to the talk about two weeks before the talk, to ensure that it is smoothed out by October 31st.