What’s wrong with you people!?
Why is “Jonathan” so difficult to spell? It’s supposedly quite a common name, and not that difficult to spell. Yet, here are just some of the mis-spellings I’ve seen:
- Printable howto is available in .pdf form at http://jonathancarter.org/files/jonathan.pdf
- Wikipedia Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan
- NEW!!! How to pronounce Jonathan (YouTube Video)
- Howto from Jonathan Hitchcock
- Howto from Jonathan Endersby
- Howto from Jonathan Gregory
- Jonathan Hickman shamefully stole my image (and claimed it was “sent” to him, even though it’s just #3 if youGoogle for “How to spell Jonathan”)
What does Jonathan mean!?
Jonathan (in Hebrew: ×™Ö°×”×•Ö¹× Ö¸×ªÖ¸×Ÿ/×™×•Ö¹× Ö¸×ªÖ¸×Ÿâ€Ž, Standard Yonatan / YÉ™honatan Tiberian YÃ´nÄá¹¯Än / YÉ™hÃ´nÄá¹¯Än) is a common masculine given name meaning “Yahweh (God) has given”, “gift of God” in Hebrew. The first known Jonathan was a son of King Saul in the Hebrew Bible, a close friend of David.
From Urban Dictionary.com:
- Very nice person, warm and welcoming.
- Loyal, Generous, Handsome individual (s), who is/are without a doubt the very best person to love. Jonathan(s) is/are Intelligent, Subtle, Strong, Rock-like Men. They are the best Friends and very best Lovers, and above all, very modest.
- Someone who will always say the right thing, He’ll sometimes be shy, but he’ll respect everything you do. he’s bound to be handsome, and will look good no matter what. Sometimes, he will take your breath away. He’s a dream, picture-perfect, a complete sweetheart. No one could do any better than a Jonathan.
- OH yes, OH Jonathan, OH YES! (again and again and again and etc., etc., etc.)
- I wish I was Jonathan.
“Dude how could that fat-ass get that chick”. He must be a Jonathan.
But you sometimes spell your name in only lowercase letters!
I guess no one’s perfect.
What’s a “Jonathon”
A Jonathon is a sporting event where girls flock to make out with Jonathans. (see: secretsquirrel)
Your e-mails will be read:
Hi Jonathan, You still get the spelling wrong. I just thought I would clear some things up with the correct spelling of the name. IT SHOULD BE WIHOUT AN H period, The name should be as simple as possible, like Jonatan Otherwise we seem to share not just the name, but also interest in free software and technology in general. By the way, here in Sweden it is happens quite often that they mistake me for Joakim... Especially a bit elderly ladies. Customers from United states and Canada often spells it Jonathon
I note on your spelling page, on your blog you say “not safe for a
public page”… ;)
I get as frustrated as you sometimes with people mis-spelling my name.
Its Johnathon. Not Johnathan. Not Jonathan. Johnathon. Blame my odd parents.