Plans for DebCamp18
I’m going to DebCamp18! I should arrive at NCTU around noon on Saturday, 2018-07-21.
- DebConf Video: Research if/how MediaDrop can be used with existing Debian video archive backends (basically, just a bunch of files on http).
- DebConf Video: Take a better look at PeerTube and prepare a summary/report for the video team so that we better know if/how we can use it for publishing videos.
- Debian Live: I have a bunch of loose ideas that I’d like to formalize before then. At the very least I’d like to file a bunch of paper cut bugs for the live images that I just haven’t been getting to. Live team may also need some revitalization, and better co-ordination with packagers of the various desktop environments in terms of testing and release sign-offs. There’s a lot to figure out and this is great to do in person (might lead to a DebConf BoF as well).
- Debian Live: Current live weekly images have Calamares installed, although it’s just a test and there’s no indication yet on whether it will be available on the beta or final release images, we’ll have to do a good assessment on all the consequences and weigh up what will work out the best. I want to put together an initial report with live team members who are around.
- AIMS Desktop: Get core AIMS meta-packages in to Debian… no blockers on this but just haven’t had enough quite time to do it (And thanks to AIMS for covering my travel to Hsinchu!)
- Get some help on ITPs that have been a little bit more tricky than expected:
- gamemode – Adjust power saving and cpu governor settings when launching games
- notepadqq – A linux clone of notepad++, a popular text editor on Windows
- Possibly finish up zram-tools which I just don’t get the time for. It aims to be a set of utilities to manage compressed RAM disks that can be used for temporary space, compressed in-memory swap, etc.
- Debian Package of the Day series: If there’s time and interest, make some in-person videos with maintainers about their packages.
- Get to know more Debian people, relax and socialize!